On top of everything, Eric and I are going to India in a few weeks for my co-worker's wedding. Yep, you heard that right: the guy who sweats in the winter and the girl who complains when it's 80 degrees outside are going to India...in the middle of the summer. We will be visiting Delhi, Agra (home of the Taj Mahal and where the wedding will be held) and Jaipur. Any spare moments are spent researching hotels, planning our travel, getting Visas, going to the doctor's for malaria pills and typhoid shots, and shopping for all of the items we will need (sunscreen, heavy-duty bug spray, water purification pills and lots of Immodium to start).
Since the last post, I feel like I've been in overdrive (so busy that I forgot that Top Chef Masters and the new season of True Blood start this week...something needs to fill the void of LOST).
So once in a while it's good to push the pause button, before your body shuts itself down (case in point - when I was going to culinary school, working full time and traveling to Boston regularly, my body went into full revolt). Hopefully, one can press the pause button themselves, but sometimes, an external factor does the job. In my case, I was recently exposed unknowingly to someone with the swine flu. And while I feel completely fine and haven't shown any symptoms, I have imposed a self-quarantine to ensure the incubation period has passed in fear of potentially infecting other people.
The swine I wish I had been exposed to...
That means no pottery studio or student show (I was supposed to make cookies), no Greenmarket, no scheduled Costco trip, no dinner with friends...just me, the TV, my India tour books, and my computer (and lots of emails to friends who haven't heard from me in weeks).
The play button will be pressed soon again, but I promise an update on our latest Reel Tasty Brooklyn dinner. If you just can't wait, feel free to check out our friend Kun's gorgeous pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment