Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Because Young Girls Get Wooly

Question: If you could only have ten songs on your ipod for a full year, what would they be?

I first had this conversation with some friends at work and now I've been thinking about my list for the past two weeks (after all, football season is over, so I need something to occupy my time...and LOST only comes on once a week. Although I have to say, the NBA is pretty entertaining this year and the Bruins are finally making hockey relevant in Boston again).

But back to my original question...and trust me, it's much harder than you think. I wanted songs that I like, but that also have longevity. After all, a year is a long time and I didn't want anything too trendy that I would get sick of quickly.

So here's my current list. There are a few instances where I couldn't choose between two songs from one artist, because on any given day, I could go either way.

Eric is, of course, fairly horrified at most of my choices...but I can live with that. He has his own ipod.
  • Journey: Don't Stop Believing
  • Bon Jovi: Livin' on a Prayer
  • Neil Diamond: Forever in Blue Jeans
  • Otis Redding: Try a Little Tenderness OR Tramp
  • Nina Simone: I Want a Little Sugar in my Bowl
  • Stray Cats: Stray Cats Strut
  • Beastie Boys: Sabotage OR Intergalactic
  • Bruce Springsteen: Thunder Road
  • Tom Waits: I Hope that I Don't Fall in Love with You
  • Pearl Jam: Black OR Better Man

What ten songs would be on your ipod?

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

This is a tough one. Here goes:
1. Poison: Every Rose Has Its Thorn
2. Guns N' Roses: Sweet Child O' Mine
3. Pearl Jam: Yellow Ledbetter
4. Smashing Pumpkins: Disarm
5. Beatles: Dig a Pony
6. Johnny Cash: Folsom Prison Blues
7. Rolling Stones: Sympathy for the Devil
8. The Who: Baba O'Rilly (Teenage Wasteland)
9. Van Morrison: Wild Night
10. Buffalo Springfield: For What It's Worth

This was hard. Fortunately, my iPod holds more than 10 songs.

Unknown said...

"Girls don't get wooly, they get weary... and nobody's got stress, they're wearin' a dress!"

1. The Allman Brothers Band: In Memory of Elizabeth Reed

2. The Osborne Brothers: Rocky Top

3. Willie Nelson: Whiskey River

4. AC/DC: Rock & Roll (Ain't Noise Pollution)

5. The Beatles: Hey Jude

6. The V-roys: Cold Beer Hello

7. Outkast: Rosa Parks

8. The Rolling Stones: Gimme Shelter

9. Giacomo Puccini: Musetta's Waltz

10: Stevie Wonder: Superstitious

WHEW!

Unknown said...

Oops... Sorry for using your account to post that, dear wife!

aimee said...

@Jeremy - I almost put some G&R on my list (Estranged). It's a really tough question!

@Ken/Eunice - I thought that seemed like a weird list for Eunice. Glad you got the reference!