Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mmmmmm...Bacon Fudge...

The other day, while rolling meatballs, I was watching the "Pray Anything" episode of The Simpsons - which originally aired in 2003. In this episode, Homer tries to follow Flanders' lead by praying for good things to happen to him. First, he successfully prays to find the TV remote; then he prays for something better than a Ken Burns documentary and discovers the Monkey Olympics. However, the highlight is when he is driving and prays to God to come up with a tasty new snack treat:

"Dear Lord, as I think of you dressed in white with your splendid beard, I am reminded of Colonel Sanders, who is now seated at your right hand, shoveling popcorn chicken into thy mouth. Lord, could you come up with a delicious new taste treat like he did? I command you."

Homer then closes his eyes and claps his hands and his car swerves into oncoming traffic. A hot fudge truck overturns, flooding the road. This is followed by a Johnny Bench's Pre-cooked Bacon truck smashing into it. A piece of fudge-coated bacon lands on Homer's windshield.

He grabs it, takes a bite and says: "Mmmmm. Move over, eggs. Bacon just got a new best friend - fudge."

Oh Homer, you were so ahead of your time!

And on a side note, I also love popcorn chicken…

No comments: