In a recent trip back to Maynard, Eric, my parents and I went through some old photo albums from junior high, high school and college (inspired by my friend Mary showing me her high-school homecoming dance picture...an image I was definitely not prepared to see).
We laughed at the horrible clothes (lots of neon in 7th grade followed by pegged pants in high school), the asymetrical hairstyle of 8th grade (fortunately, I think all evidence of the 6th grade perm days has been destroyed), and the old friends that have miraculously re-entered my life through the magic of Facebook.
As we parsed through these old photos, I kept thinking about how much I've changed over the years.
Then I see pictures like these, and realize that for better or for worse, I am exactly the same now as I was back then.
Aimee circa 1996
Aimee circa 1980
No comments:
Post a Comment