For those of you do not live in NYC, the wrapper on these four packages are from Murray’s Cheese Shop – one of the most famous cheese shops in NYC. I was expecting some banana bread, lemon squares or some other yummy baked good (Leanna went to school with me…unlike me, she actually graduated). And those would have been great – she’s a great chef.
However, words can’t quite express the surprise and excitement that came over me as I slowly recognized the labels. I pretty much tore into the packages and put together a big antipasto platter for Eric and me. Considering that we can’t live on pork and cheese alone, I added in some big grape tomatoes, a lemony sprouts and parsley salad, some cornichons, sun-dried tomatoes that I mixed with olive oil and capers, and slices from a hearty whole week baguette. All in all, the perfect dinner.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Yum...pork...cheese...
My friend and neighbor Leanna is going to Florida next week and I promised her that I would check in on her two cats while she’s gone. She texted me earlier in the day and said that she dropped off the keys with our doorman along with “some other treats”. So imagine my surprise when I opened up the bag and saw this:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment