Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Chased in a parking lot


OMG! Was someone killed in my kitchen??? Oh wait, that’s just the aftermath of baking a red velvet cake. This past Saturday was my mother’s 60th birthday and I decided to surprise her by coming up for the party that my father and cousin were throwing her. So I made a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and transported it up to good old Maynard. Fortunately, the cake was intact when I finally got up there…unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the final product (as usual).

Otherwise, the weekend in Maynard was fairly relaxing. Outside of seeing my family, the highlight was when I was chased by ducks and geese.


As you can see, it’s pretty snowy still in Massachusetts. My parents and I went out for lunch on Sunday at a this restaurant in historic Sudbury where the ducks just like to hang out in the parking lot…Living in NYC, you just don't see anything like this, so I decided to take a few pictures; which was all fun and good until the big one with the orange beak started chasing me (check out the crazy look in his eyes!).


He started getting some of his pals in on it, too. However, a car tried to pull in the parking lot and the fowl got a little sidetracked…


And then they got tired…


And that’s pretty much as exciting as things get in my hometown.

No comments: